Thursday, October 04, 2007

day off

I'm still around, I simply haven't had much to say as of late. The weeks are passing at an incredible rate and we're leaving for our trip next weekend already. Today I had a day off alone. I took the opportunity to sleep in 'til 8am, which is totally refreshing when you're used to getting up at 5am to ride your bike in the dark four miles to work to stir olives. I visited the museum of contemporary art, a museum that xtina doesn't always care for so it's best I go alone. The exhibition right now is 'sympathy for the devil' - pieces pertaining to the intersection of art and rock music. Really, it wasn't so much visual art + rock as it was 'art rock.' If you're a fan of the velvet underground, you should check it out. I spent about three hours in one exhibition (due to all the video installations). Like most exhibits at the mca, it's all concept and very little focus.

I have new albums from beirut, iron and wine, bishop allen, sea wolf, devendra banhart and several others. It'll take me a while to get through them. But that's what thirty hours in the car is for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when are you going on your trip? if you're still in town, we should grab a beer at the dram this week.

metal said...

jesus man, did you get lost in the mountains? you can't still be out of town. i expect a full report on the wedding and wilderness adventures.