Tuesday, October 24, 2006

coming back soon

It is official, we will be visiting our native city next weekend, that of Nov. 3, 4, and 5. We'll be staying with our dear friends, nick and brooke, who were kind enough to put us up for a weekend. I'm looking forward to coming back, I've been thinking longingly about places and activities I used to do so regularly and comfortably I now feel I'm missing something in my daily routine:

a) Listening to 'yo la tengo' at kava house while reading - gazing out to lake drive
b) Browsing the ryerson library
c) walking downtown, mentally juxtaposing the past onto the present
d) visiting bars that cater to my interest / demographic
e) not worrying constantly / comfort
f) spending all saturday downloading music and looking out my bedroom window
g) feeling unique / on top of culture
h) seeing all of you

Last night I finally finished reading 'east of eden.' I'm taking some time to think about it before I discuss anywhere. I read it because oprah told me to, which is a lie but I have been watching oprah almost every day. I think promise of television rotting my brain my parents always delivered to me growing up is finally being fulfilled.

Last week I completely missed the boat on wilco tickets. I had balcony tickets available to me during the pre-sale and I stupidly passed them up thinking I could do better during the general sale. They are now sold out.

I'm applying to many, many jobs. I think I'll get a job at northwestern sooner than later - one opened up and they're looking at me to fulfill it. It's a legal assistant position supporting the center on international human rights (I believe that's the name).

keep your fingers crossed

Maybe when I see/experience something new I can blog about something besides my daily activities.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

hope you have fun in MI...you, me, and whitsun are a chord of three that can not be broken.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you and xtina!