Friday, February 23, 2007

through a cellophane window

Last weekend xtina and I returned to our native city. We loved seeing all those we got a chance to see. 'Props' to nick and brooke for putting us up. we desparately needed a weekend away from chicago and all the problems associated with our situation.

This week:

2 more rejections (of which one was "in the bag")
1 more temp agency joined (3 total and I haven't worked since x-mas)
5 weekdays I haven't left the house
17 hours at the library - which feels more like an office
8 jobs applied for
1 new resume created
1 meeting nervously arranged with executive dad vaguely knows but promised I'd call


Last night I dreamt that I received, as a gift, a box (about two cubic feet) with a cellophane window and animals painted on the outside. I opened the box and laid it's contents on the rug. Out poured live animals: 1 small cat, 1 small bird, 1 small horse, and 2 small dogs. They were tired from the box and cellophane. They ran around my living room in a motion very much like that in 'the science of sleep.' And I cried because I felt bad for the animals - somehow I knew they were raised in a lab and led miserable lives and also because I couldn't take care of them and the giver of this gift simply didn't understand.

5 comments:

rebecca said...

i want to see some sort of movie review section on this blog mister. you have netflix, i know you're watching at least 5 per week, it's your patriotic duty to keep us informed. idea: perhaps a terrible movie could get a clove, a so-so movie could get a marb light, a good movie gets a parliament light, & an outstanding movie gets an american spirit. i like this rating system. i quit smoking btw, i think that's why i have cigarettes on the brain.

kevdek said...

that's actually a really good idea. And while many readers of this blog are much more well-versed in film than the author, it would give me something to write about. I like the rating system too, perhaps I could change the rating system with each review.

Anonymous said...

man, i would totally love to explain the significance of this dream and multiple elements therein to you, but one problem prevents this: i don't think you're meant to know.

rebecca said...

i keep clicking on this link expecting movie reviews...wtf? get your film review on mister. let me know if you want anything from the 616...i was thinking you might enjoy some witsun, but that's just me. i'm just referencing a time and place when you, me, and witsun were a cord of three that could not be broken.

Louise said...

I think you're kinda awesome.