Wednesday, March 07, 2007

and now our tv is broken

This morning xtina attempted to turn on the television and the tv was unresponsive. This led me to pace nervously between the living room and kitchen, back and forth - kitchen, living room. After plugging it into several outlets I was able to concede - I'm sorry, she's gone. I never got a chance to say goodbye. Now what will I do for six hours a day? The early morning was spent at various low-end electronics stores. I simply can't spend $150 for a tv that isn't as good as the one I had. I've emailed a dozen people on craigslist with used tv's for sale - then again, we all know my luck with anything craigslist. What's next? A complimenary kick in the groin? I know, it's just a tv - but it's more than that - it's the culmination of many things, the tv just being the most recent. I'm trying to get something together before american idol tonight at seven.

Movies:

Sophie Scholl: the final days: fantastic
The Passenger: not very good
Tideland: terrible

2 comments:

kevdek said...

And now WBEZ is having their beg-a-thon.

rebecca said...

a) what happened to your creative ranking ideas?
b) perhaps you shouldn't be telling people you watch american idol
c) i'm going to marie catribe's tonight & i'm going to follow through on your idea...