Friday, March 09, 2007

part two

I caved and bought a tv last night. It's a 27 inch sharp flatscreen less than three years old: $100. I know, I know, I didn't want to spend that much, but everyone on craigslist wanted to sell me their tv's in a week and a half (why post it, then?). We got the phone call last night and drove to lakeview to pick it up, spending about thirty minutes trying to find a place to park - why I live on the west side. Some young couple in a new condo that xtina and I agreed "do something." We could never be friends with these poeple, and they clearly thought us to be strange. Very little eye contact was made and we were in and out in seconds. We lugged it down the stairs and out to the street (they never offered to help) and soon realized that it was not going to fit in the car. This is a much larger television than I thought it would be. After shoving and maneuvering, a spark on my hand and calling andrew for help, we get it in the front seat and drive carefully home. We set it up in the living room - it looks obtrusive - we are now 'tv people.' There is discoloration on the screen. We are upset and saddened - maybe not just for the television, but for the culumative feeling of not being able to do anything without problems. This morning the discoloration was gone. And I was rejected for another job in which I was described as a 'sure thing.' I saw the description. I'm overqualified. They insist I'm 'not a strong candidate.' And so it continues... I've taken a part-time temporary job with a foundation for a disease. The tax return wasn't what we were planning and I should get out of the house anyway.

3 comments:

p said...

hmmmm... T-H-E-R-A-P-Y

Anonymous said...

hey man, just be glad the discoloration is gone. and stop describing job opportunities as 'a sure thing', as this seems to be a bad idea. one question, this foundation for disease you claim to work for right now, is it a foundation just for disease in general? i hope so, because its about time someone took a serious stance and stopped singling out one disease that really isn't worse than many others. let's face it folks, disease bad. down with disease.

tammiann said...

AHH I'm sad you still don't have a job. Let me know when you're coming up to your native city again. I'd like to have a drink or something with you.