Tuesday, September 11, 2007

block party


This weekend marked the 11th annual hideout block party. Xtina and I were in attendance with some new friends. Among the headliners were Andrew Bird and the Frames. My favorite act was mucca pazza. Becky, you were right about mucca pazza this whole time and I'm sorry I didn't go see them with you sooner.

Things are fine at work. It appears I didn't get the position at NW law - I'm not particularly surprised at this. I'm having a hard time applying for something new as I'm not actually aspiring to do something else. I simply don't know what else I could do. At least I have a job and I'm making an income doing something. All in all, I don't have too many complaints.

It's markedly cooler in the city today. The air is more crisp and I'm ready to spend some quality time in the outdoors. The family camping trip will be made, this year, in-conjunction with the Garcia-Campbell wedding in beautiful Kansas City. The problem is - there isn't much to do around that area and we can't exactly camp in the rockies in mid october. The plan at this point is to return to Great Smoky Mountain National Park - which isn't on the way to anything. Does anyone have any other ideas? The Ozarks, perhaps? Dogpatch, USA?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you liked the show--i knew you would. next wed (the 19th) is my birthday, so we're going to hang out at the dram around 9:30/10ish. hope that works for you--haven't seen you in ages.