Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I made it!

It was pretty rough, though. I fell around mile twenty and was very close to getting hit by a truck at mile fifty. I'm tired and sore and sunburned, but thrilled that I accomplished my summer goal so early. Perhaps I should try a trek to Michigan next. I'll wait, though. After riding 100 miles I can't even think of getting on that bike again for a couple days.

By sheer chance I was given a long forth of July weekend off and I returned to Michigan. The gang was all there and I drank my fair share of oberon from the mini keg.


Update: I am unbelievable sore today. I calculated that I burned over 4,100 calories on the trip and my body is wrecked.

2 comments:

erin said...

holy shit! i can't believe you did it already. i seriously hope that gets you into the top 10 as being 11? just..sounds..sad.

and i heard you picked a badass name for your first kitty if someday you should get a kitty.

rebecca said...

that's unbelievable! congrats. i can't wait to check out working bikes. let me know when you want to go!