Sunday, July 27, 2008

out of "office"

I'm leaving tomorrow morning on a business trip to Rochester Hills, MI. I've got mixed feelings - I don't especially want to leave Xtina for a week but I suppose it will be good to get away.

Not much new around here. Pitchfork was fun, everything was exactly as I had expected it to be. The Tour de France is over so I can stop watching three hours of television every day. I came home a couple times for family-related activities.

I'm currently ranked seventh in overall cycling in my work's regional competition. I'm riding like crazy these days. Friday I took the sixty five mile trip to Lake Bluff and yesterday I rode with friends to the Lynfred Winery in Roselle. I'm saving up for Look-style pedals, shoes and cleats.

In just a few weeks we're going to Portland so I can feel as good about the city as Xtina does. We'll be staying in one of our favorite hotels, the Jupiter, and for a few days we'll be backpacking on Mount Hood. I suppose I should break in those new hiking boots sometime.

I'm feeling a bit disconnected these days - I'll have to make some phone calls when I get back.

No comments: