Saturday, August 02, 2008

Tonight

Tonight:

Drinking twelve-year craft scotch while listening to a podcast of a recent Tom Waits show. The two truly go hand-in-hand. Also, I'm doing this in our pleasantly cool kitchen while Xtina makes a carrot cake, allowing me to lick the spoon covered in cream cheese icing.

This afternoon I took my signature 65 mile ride through cook and lake counties - it's amazing what a week long interruption in ones training schedule can make. I was exhausted but managed to keep my speed up. My knees are creaking audibly.

Maybe Erin and I can go shopping for 'Life is Good' T-shirts.

1 comment:

erin said...

What is with the creaky knees?! As I continue to bike my little heart out--I mean, relatively speaking, of course--my knees are increasingly creaky. Nothing hurts, but man, it is irritating.

I went swimming yesterday. Swimming might become my biking this winter.