Saturday, December 31, 2005

fair and balancing act

it has recently been brought to my attention that this blog is overwhelmingly negative in it's perspective on my life. and I recognize that. yes, it's true that regardless if I'm unemployed or employed, frightened about the future or not paying much attention to it, my demeanor on the web-log remains the same. and looking over the last months of posts (what would december be without reflection?) the allegation is proven true. So to my critics, yes I have a steady job, a decent income, a loving spouse (who is making dinner as I write), and a nice historic apartment and thus I have very little reason to complain. Sure I'm gaining weight and losing my hair and I don't care for my current job, but I probably won't do any worse than this for the rest of my life and I shouldn't waste my youth complaining about wasting my youth. So thank you, critic, and I will remember this while I drink my champagne (not of beers) and play board games with other couples tonight. So as my first full-year of blogging comes to a close, I apologize for the negativity, and hopefully I'll give you something worth reading in 2006 while the rest of you, like myself, read this blog at your desks, looking for something to read and clicking over to your spreadsheets whenever heads bounce above your cubicle wall.

Oh, and I would like to recommend The Squid and The Whale, to those of you looking for a good movie to see. It's currently playing at the UICA.

2 comments:

p said...

no i like it

Anonymous said...

why in the hell isn't my comment showing up?