Friday, March 24, 2006

the time has come

After sitting on tickets over three months, the date on the ticket is about to arrive. Tomorrow I will see my precious silver jews. Who buys tickets three months in advance? And who sells tickets to a small show three months in advance?

The weekend is here again - I'm amazed by how fast the weeks go by. This past week I was determined to make sense of it, documenting my workweek, but friday is here once again moments after I wake monday morning. And what have I done with my time? Nothing really - read vonnegut's new book. I also watched Crash monday night. Thank god I didn't see it in the theater or even rent it on DVD (I got it at my local library). It just isn't that good, folks. If you'd like to see it but don't have the time or money - remember that film Magnolia that you saw? Yeah, that was an excellent film - well if you want to imagine crash, think of magnolia and substitute the theme of human condition for the theme of race relations. Really, you can plot out the entire film by means of magnolia. I guess what I'm saying is that it is entirely unoriginal, although I commend them for tackling race relations in a major studio flic. Oh, and brendan fraser sucks. "I'm the district attorney." I hope to see After Innocence - it opens tonight at the UICA.

One more thing: Xtina has a blog and I'm taking this opportunity to call her xxxtina, just as I promised I wouldn't do.

2 comments:

metal said...

and how were those jews of yours? hopefully all you wanted. more importantly, di you get a chance to check out ann arbor? i still can't believe you've never been outside of this. let me know what you thought. unfotunately i didn't know you or becky's roommate sarah were going to be in ann arbor this particular weekend or we coulda had yall hang out. i think shes fun anyway, i'm sure you remember her if you met her. she was there to pick out a kitten! xxxtina, that's too good. well let us know how it all went

rebecca said...

i made pesto lasagna on friday and was totally disapointed. everyone liked it but me. i think i didn't make enough sauce. x-tina showed me up for sure.