Saturday, April 08, 2006

with the lights out

It's Saturday afternoon and I've nothing to do. I'm not sure how this happened, but I feel I'm neglecting something. xtina is gone with the car so I'm somewhat limited as to what I can do.

Nothing much to report on this end. Another week has traveled at the speed of light. Last night I went to the free-radical gallery. It was great to be among a large number of people for an event on south division. The artist spaces looked great. I wonder what the homeless thought of all the people traversing their neighborhood. There was one problem - over half of the studios were without power. The one night of the season they do this and the artist spaces are pitch-black. The electricity wasn't out for just a few minutes, either - hours. Returning home xtina and I were delighted to see our house the only dwelling in the downtown area with power, a welcome change. We saw "palendromes" last night, recommended to me by sean. I loved it but xtina wasn't so keen.

"new" albums I'm currently obsessing over: Jens Lekman, Neko Case, The Boy Least Likely To, and not flaming lips.

No comments: