Thursday, May 18, 2006

update: move

You knew it would happen sooner-or-later. I'm posting from work. I dare you to call me a little bitch now! I honestly sat down to post this weekend and couldn't bring myself to write another update on nothing that I'm not particularly proud of. Xtina and I are going to Chicago tomorrow. We'll probably scope-out some neighborhoods, do a little shopping, maybe see a museum, etc... We have a sudden interest in Chicago because, get this, we've decided to move there. The very thought of it makes me quesy. Think of all the people! Each one another reason to get angry and take it out on my spouse. In all seriousness, I'm excited to move. There are things about GR that I'll miss, particularly several people. I hope you know who you are. There are other things, too, like having a back yard, silence, being able to go several days without spending money, and of course, SECURITY. No, I'm not afraid of crime, I mean security in the sense that right now I don't have to worry about paying the rent, getting to work, dealing with bad landlords, knowing where things are. But the time is right. We're young, dissatisfied with our jobs and unable to find new ones (well, I can't at least) and the only committment we have is a voluntary one. This won't happen until August, but I'll be sure to fill out an interview project questionnaire on my way out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just got an apartment in chicago by the California blue line stop, near the corner of California and Milwaukee by the police station.

i suppose it would be considered logan square