Saturday, May 06, 2006

my advice to you, sir...

It's that time of year again: time to update my resume and do my best to write a flattering cover letter. There certainly aren't many opportunities for college grads without a specialization these days, despite what the president says. On craigslist chicago (where people use craigslist) there appears to more options for me than here. Then again, perhaps in Chicago they may just be better at posting the ubiquitous "fake" craigslist job post. EARN MONEY FROM HOME! $1,000 PER WEEK! - is how it would read here. I think I'd like to stick around for a while, I don't feel as though I'm done with GR yet. Then again, part of me feels like I'm wasting my youth here and I'm ready for a change. I am completely unprepared to move. At least I have some friends there. Trying to find a job may be the most agonizing endeavor known to me at this point in my life. At least this year, as I'm searching, I already have a job and I'm not eating-up my savings.

Today xtina and I decided that we'd like to go to Chicago over our anniversary weekend (two weeks away) but it seems as though every hotel in the city is booked. We should have come to this consensus weeks ago. The problem at-hand is that I'd like to stay in the city (not at a holiday inn express by the airport) and not pay $450 per night. aww hell.

Tulip Time is here again. I don't think I'll make an apperance this year, although seeing dutch dancers (women playing both the mens and womens roles) shaking their calvinist shame fingers as part of the choreographed dance. Perhaps calvinist shame is why young men in holland don't dare dutch dance in the first place?

1 comment:

rebecca said...

hey. i called you today. hope you didn't have to eat meat for mothers day!