Tuesday, May 30, 2006

how was your / plans for your / weekend?

For some reason I now have an internet filter on my office computer and it blocks several of my linked blogs. Is this the beginning of the end? Let’s hope not. Unfortunately this means I will not be able to refresh your blog one hundred times per day as I’ve done in the past. Among those blocked – becky, metal, Krista, post secret, and plenty of other sites I check on a regular basis, I’m sure.

Well, the phrase around the office today is “how was your weekend?” Then again, it always is. Monday and Tuesday are “how was your weekend?;” Wednesday and Thursday are “do you have any plans for the weekend?” Well, how was my weekend? Friday was a whole lot o’ nothing (to the best of my knowledge), with the exception of paying for software to back up my questionable files on my ipod, anticipating a full collapse of my desktop PC in the near future. Saturday saw xtina getting hammered off three drinks and some cold medication (not taken for this honestly undesired effect). Sunday I received a phone call from a one Mr. Campbell followed by a scenic drive to Fennville to meet with said Mr. Campbell as well as Andrew, Budde, Nick, and Veldman at Andrews folk’s cottage. Then yesterday xtina and I went to the LaGrand’s cottage on the shore to beat the stifling heat of the city. We had a great time – drank some beer, ate some food, went swimming and kayaking with the Swedberg kids. Finally last night we determined to finish season two of the sopranos, keeping our tired bodies up past 12:30 (that just made me sound ancient).

Not much else new to report. We’re still planning on moving, I’m getting more nervous and frightened. This will most likely culminate in me panicking and considering not going at a most inconvenient step in the moving process (for those of you who remember my hasty, ill-reasoned actions over a year ago). I just wish I knew I could find an apartment/job before quitting what I already have and find suitable. I know this dilemma is nothing new and is going to be confronted at some point in my life. Well, I should probably go home soon, there is an 85 degree kitchen full of dishes to wash.

No comments: