Monday, August 21, 2006

Now in Chicago

Xtina and I arrived here safely. The move went well, the drive went fine, we're fine. Our apartment was filthy and incomplete, but the landlord stopped by to straighten things out. Xtina has had a couple of interviews and I have had none. I think I'm going to pack some chocolates with ben while I look for something else. I'm proud to report that after a week of not working, I'm still not worried that we'll make ends meet. I know we must start working sooner than later, but my anxiety has not cought up with the novelty of a new place. Yesterday we rode our bikes to millenium park and the past week's activities have included walking to the north beach, visiting the MCA with sean, and chillin' out max.

With so much going on I have no idea what to blog about, quite a departure from blogging about nothing. I'll be sure to visit the library from time to time and update my blog while I don't have regular internet access. I'm eager to hear how things are going at home.

Oh, and I beat Xtina in scrabble: my greatest achievement ever.

3 comments:

rebecca said...

so i left ya'll alone for the weekend & you seem to have survived. i'm still in the 616, like what. that bald bartender called me--details later. don't forget to ask me about my "stats" when i get back.

p said...

shit dude you could be working with your hero

erin said...

last night i once again lost by about 150 points (that's not really a final score as i threw my tiles down in disgust). at least i managed a 2 tourney sweep of pinball.

i honestly don't understand. i know i'm smarter than he is....

sounds like you guys are well! glad to hear the transition is less anxiety-ridden than expected.