Wednesday, August 09, 2006

five short days

I just attended my ‘going-away’ party at work, complete with a “we’ll miss you, Kevin” frosting decorated on top. I still have a hard time thinking concretely about moving. I’ve set-up the electricity and gas, rented a truck, and started packing. I can see moving-in visually but beyond the first initial hours I’m clueless. Life in Chicago was entirely incalculable until a lease was signed and a setting for life established. That was the point at which moving became a certainty, now I need to transition into reality. Tonight we drink too much with Jason and Sarah, likewise with Nick tomorrow night. Friday we go to Saugatuck with Peter and Erin (who is plotting a move of her own), and Saturday we dine and converse with Karl and Sarah. In some ways I feel I’m leaving this planet, behaving as if we’ll never see our friends again, as opposed to moving three hours away. Yesterday I fulfilled a promise to visit the Voigt house before I leave. I felt like a bit of a loser taking a guided tour alone, but it was interesting nonetheless. Did you know that Mr. Voigt equipped all the light fixtures in the house with the ability to use either gas or electricity because he didn’t trust the newly-formed electric company? It’s true!

Job update:
Me – nothing
X-tina – Interview with Whole Foods in Lincoln Park for bakery supervisor position.

If I haven’t scheduled you for a night of drinks and laughs or spoken to you in a while, I’m sorry. I’ll make sure I keep up on my blog – as this is the only place to read all the nervous rants of my early adult years and get the scoop on formative events.

I Will Internalize: the official blog of anxiety.

4 comments:

zach said...

in one short day i will be in chicago, friend. i wish we could tap heads.

Anonymous said...

you sure you dont want to package chocolates for a while???

zach said...

where's the chicago blog?

p said...

you probably do need a new chicago blog. or something. I'm dying here not knowing what you're anxious about.