Friday, September 22, 2006

temporary means temporary

It has been confirmed. My position at the legal clinic has been offered to someone else. I understand that perhaps I've only been performing the most essential duties of the position and they'd prefer someone with legal filing experience, but I've worked hard for the last two weeks and have received nothing but great reviews of what I've done and I guess part of me was counting on winning them over to offering the position to me. Not just because I've done a great job, but because I want it and I must still have the naive belief that hard work is rewarded. I knew the engagement was casual, but I've realized what a wonderful job and staff this is and like I always do, I got my hopes up. Somehow it feels worse that I proved myself to them, like I'm being stricken down as inferior. I know I'm being irrational, but let me whine about this for just a little while before I go back to drifting through temporary employment.

No comments: