Saturday, May 12, 2007

...and shove it

Well, so much for that idea. Yesterday I quit my job. And yes, I'm disappointed that it didn't work out, but not disappointed that I won't be returning to that office again. I'd prefer not to get into details regarding my terms of departure, but I will say that it became appearant already on the second day that I didn't want to be with the organization and it became clear to them they didn't want me there. In fact, they said some things to me that I'm having a hard time shaking. I think every young 21st century male wants to believe that passing words won't effect him, but I'll admit that I tend to take things personally.

The point is: I've got to figure something out because this clearly isn't working.

I don't want to do this temp-agency bs again. I think I'm going to apply for whole foods and come up with a more dynamic plan. Perhaps I need to be back in school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin,
Sorry to hear things didn't work out. Hope you find a new job soon!

erin said...

well that just sucks.

buck up, lil'camper.

at least you no longer live in a state that has yet to reconcile budget shortfalls from last year. jenny's threatening $125 per student cuts to education and 50% cuts to libraries.

michigan rocks!

Anonymous said...

hey kevin,
I was wondering if you could ask christina if she'd be kind enough to try to pull some strings to get me a job at whole foods? Im in really rough shape financially at the moment and if she could do that id be in eternally greatful debt to her. i dont care what the job is, im at the point where ill take absolutely anything.

----jeannette