Thursday, May 24, 2007

anniversary excursion

On Monday Xtina and I decided we should visit GR - thirty minutes later we were on the road. She had tuesday and wednesday off for our anniversary: two years as of yesterday - what more romantic and exotic locale than my parents house in west michigan! And while it was our most spontaneous trip to GR, it was one of the most fulfilling. Plans came together and we were able to see Peter in his natural environment, as well as Jason and Sarah. Nick - I hope you're feeling better, Jason had told us you didn't look so good.

I've decided that I have to make some work of getting back to school - I'm giving some serious consideration to library science (a field I was planning on going into before this terrible move interrupted my life as it has). I'll be honest - I'm pretty lost, I haven't a clue what I'm doing. I'm sure it's been easy to see from the outside but now that I've come to the realization I can take a job at whole foods or something and work on getting my life together.

I have an interview with a large employee benefits corporation next week. I'm not sure it's what I want so I decided to be honest in the phone interview. I said I'm not a 'suit and tie' person and that I don't work terribly fast during the phone interview and they scheduled a face-to-face anyway. I'll check it out. The pay isn't great. I've also applied to Northwestern's library and the Chicago public library - even if I get either position it will take them months to hire me.

3 comments:

rebecca said...

i think i'm going to bag the temple idea for tonight...perhaps later this summer. good talkin to you today..let's consume adult beverages this weekend. (i just want to see if you can really hit that building with a bottle) ps. bring your scrapbook.

erin said...

Library Science school, eh?

Tim will be so proud.

Sorry I missed you guys last week. I had the awesome responsibility of judging the Boys and Girls Club poetry contest.

reynolds said...

feeling better, thanks. here's the plan: we go into business selling dissapointment to the ignorantly blissful. we'd make millions, and if we didn't, we could still say 'told you so' in the end.

ps.: your arms are gonna get huge hefting all those whole grain shopping bags into honda fits belonging to yuppies that own your apartment building!