Thursday, November 29, 2007

posting from work again

I've arrived at work early this morning due to Christina's 6am start time and my desire to not ride to work in single-digit wind chills. I guess this is where my quest to ride to work year round ends. Like my early fall determination to keep the heat off until thanksgiving, cold reality has ended my unreasonable aspiration.

Work is fine - these days I spend my early mornings listening to dylan while receiving and ordering cheese, talking about european politics with my bosnian co-worker, and riding to work in the cold (until today). No complaints - still isn't my dream job but I'm thankful for it everyday, especially when I look at area job postings. It certainly has gotten my work ethic back. I no longer spend my days reading boing boing and posting here. I happen to be off the clock right now. I was starting to get worried that my definition of work had changed to be consumed by bordom and internet surfing as opposed to actual labor.

Christina enjoyed the birthday presents I got her including a nice bottle of wine and two vegan cookbooks, one being 'the veganomicon.' We went out with friends in andersonville for some discounted alpha king and one beer too many.

All in all: not too much happening over here. We watched the first two installments of 'the up series' last night. This will be our new obsession.

2 comments:

erin said...

Any job that allows one to listen to Dylan, deal with cheese, and talk European politics is a good job indeed.

Tell Xtina Happy Birthday from me!

rebecca said...

i am, as always, waiting for the day i get to share a brew with you two.