Friday, March 14, 2008

buying tix, riding bikes

At approximately 9:16am today, the following phone call took place:

Old Town School of Folk Music Employee: Hello?

Me: Oh, hi. I've been online trying to get tickets to the Mark Kozelek show in June. It seems that less than fifteen minutes after tickets went on sale they said there weren't two adjacent seats left. I wouldn't normally call, but the website was having problems and I see this as somewhat unlikely.

OTSE: Yeah, tickets went on sale to members about a week ago.

Me: oh (sound of heart breaking). Is it common for tickets to sell out to members?

OTSE: Not especially. I know we didn't sell all of the tickets to tix.com (their 3rd party brokering site) let me see if we have anything left. (long pause) It looks like we still have 170 tickets available.

Me: That's awesome. I just need two.

OTSE: okay, it looks like I still have tickets in the center of rows 1, 2, 5, and 8.

Me: what?

OTSE: you just need two? take your pick of rows 1, 2, 5, and 8.

Me: I guess I'll take two tickets second row center.

OTSE: sounds great. There's no surcharge for phone orders (transaction takes place). Have a great weekend, I'll get those in the Mail today.

Me: (Baffled, Bewildered) Yeah, you too. Thanks.


And that is how I beat out thousands of people for tickets for some of the best seats in the house. Things like that don't typically happen to me. I was so excited I also bought three day passes to the Pitchfork festival while I still could. Yes, the whitest person in the city will be seeing Public Enemy in concert.


I went for a twenty mile bike ride this afternoon and I'm pooped. That was such a short distance last fall. I'm looking forward to getting in better shape again.

I went into a couple of bike shops today. I think I'm going to buy this bike for commuting.

1 comment:

erin said...

sweet bike