Saturday, March 08, 2008

part two

Despite my greatest efforts, I can't seem to wake up later than 6:30 on my days off. Xtina has no trouble sleeping in - that's what she's doing right now. Basically, I'm on a daylight-based sleep schedule and the only problem is that it's march. Daylight savings is going to mess me up.

I took the bike out for the first time Thursday. The sun was bright and warm and my neighborhood was posting temps in the mid to upper 30's, which in the fall would have been completely unacceptable, but thursday it was good enough for me. By the time I got to diversey harbor the wind had picked up and with it wind chills far below freezing. I crouched below an embankment for warmth and watched ducks and geese walk on the frozen harbor. My bike laying next to me, we were all waiting for spring to arrive.

Xtina is up and bleary-eyed now. I'll try to get us out the door so we can check out the bongo room, a long-standing brunch place in wicker park, when they open to avoid standing in the cold. Oh how I wish I were at SXSW.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

beer: when/where?