Tuesday, September 30, 2008

9pm with a gumballhead

My downstairs neighbors have all their kids and grandkids over to watch the sox game. I figure I don't have to watch the game myself as I can tell the outcome of each play based on the frequency and volume of yeahs and boos. They're pretty hilarious because they're not my family.

I got summoned for jury duty today and I'm trying not to be pissed about it. It's on a Monday morning where I would normally be working frantically trying to make serious deadlines. Also, it's in the same week that I'm going back to Michigan and I can't exactly afford to take two paid days off right now. Then again, there isn't anything I can do about it so I shouldn't sit and stew over it all day. but I will.

The days have gotten much cooler. This morning I left the house (on bike) in a t-shirt as normal, not registering that it was fifty degrees outside. By the time I determined it was too cold to bike I was too late to turn around. I grit my teeth and faced the wind. Just the other day I was thinking that if I lived in a more temperate climate I could probably go without a car at all and continue riding longer and longer distances.

After doing serious damage to this computer last week. I'm back online with a freshly reformatted hard drive. I'm kevdek and I'm a regretful PC.

NPR is streaming the new Bob Dylan bootleg series. I'm pretty into it.

1 comment:

erin said...

I'm seriously considering investing some cash in outfitting my bike for winter which sounds insane even to me but then again it's only a 2 mile commute for me.

I think it would be more insane to spend $3.00 a day on a bus that will take an hour and twenty minutes each day of my life to travel the same 2 miles.

Or maybe I'll get some snowshoes.

Tomorrow AM I've convinced Peter to get up at 5:30 so we can go see Obama in GR. Good times.