Wednesday, September 24, 2008

back to the week

The weekend ended up being everything I was hoping it would be. The Cubs won the division title - my seats were so close to the field I felt I was part of the game. I will say this about major league baseball - it moves so quickly! When going to a Whitecaps game, for instance, it seems like you're there all day. Granted Saturday was a relatively short game, but there was so much going on it didn't even feel like I was settled in before 'go cubs, go.' I'm glad I went, though. I had a great time and I'm not feeling much cognitive dissonance about the value of the tickets - I'll probably never get such great seats again.

The Hideout Block Party was fun, too. Attendance wasn't as strong as last year due mostly to what many call a weaker lineup. In fact, the festival didn't sell out for the first time in years. Nonetheless, the acts I went to see were fantastic. And Neko Case performed, 'Buckets of Rain,' my favorite Dylan cover.

Xtina and I will be returning to Grand Rapids Oct. 30th for a long weekend.

More updates to follow

1 comment:

reynolds said...

halloweeeeeeeeeeeen!