Thursday, January 27, 2005

drive and culpability

Example

Last night sitting with peter and nick, rehashing the classic college dilemma of only one out of the three parties involved having money and the generally understood room-wide need for booze. The elephant in the room is my wallet. Yestarday I said I wasn't going to mulligans last night. I woke up saying the same thing this morning. But today, I promise that I will not go as I have actual plans tonight for the first time all week. Tonight is pool night.
I shouldn't complain much because even though it seems as though life is taking me by the hand into dark, stale, lonely bars I'm still enjoying myself in the bliss that accompanies a lack of responsibility and I've gotten the chance to speak earnestly with peter and nick again.
at least the bar takes me away from the tv and brings me into a realm of actualities. A realm where focus isn't paid to glowing, humming boxes but faces. Loud and oddly serious conversations, not only from drowning out deth metal, but the result of a conversation's natural tendency to increase in volume as each party yearns for someone to listen, facilitated in bounds by slow, delicate inebriation.

1 comment:

zach said...

it´s true

that stroking someone´s convodick
is a good way to make and to keep friends.

wish i could be there with you guys
as the world is going to end soon.