Tuesday, January 25, 2005

losing sleep slowly

Interim is over. I completed my final exam today, correcting questions as I went along. Last night was strangely memorable. I egged don on to smash a glass votive against the wall and when he did the glass shattered causing him to bleed profusely, running to the bathroom as management questioned us as to how the votive could have been smashed accidentaly. I guess after I left Nick cut himself on some glass shards on the bench. Allegedly he was quite upset with don. As you can imagine I was fairly intoxicated at the time.
I woke up this morning at 3:30, convinced it was 9:30, fretting that I'd have to take the exam half-drunk. We did have an interesting conversation on how the world will end (flies in a jar vs. nuclear holocost) and the role israel plays in world politics. Peter: "There's a little Israel inside all of us."
Yestarday I saw pictures taken of my freshman year. Falling leaves and smiling faces entirely naive of whats to come. Nostalgic times of friends I should have kept, but time leaked out ever so slowly until the day you find that friendship empty. Some day I will publish posts entitled regret, apologies, and a final one called thank-you's. I couldn't begin to lump them all into one coherent thought. I have the feeling that in six months I'll wake up in my bed and you will seem to be dream. God save me from that day.

3 comments:

zach said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
p said...

we're all a dream and you're bob newhart

zach said...

i´m with peter on this one.