Friday, April 22, 2005

dead mice, bush

In a surprising turn of events, the mouse genocide has come to a cease at a death count of three. I thought there were perhaps dozens of mice judging by the sheer volume of rodent feces in our cupboards and the fact that everthing in the cupboard not enclosed in a metal or plastic container has been consumed. So, rather than dozens of mice, it appears that we simply had three extremely aggressively persistant mice. We'll see if any more corps' turn up.

In a related matter, it was released yestarday that president bush will be giving the address at my forthcoming commencement. My reaction when I was told: a disbelieving and disgusted "jesus christ." I'm now walking around campus with my head down in my usual defeated fashion that hasn't been "sported" since november. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this, I'm sure I wont do anything but I'm open to suggestions. This is such a kick in the face to the diverse opinions of those at my college. The last thing I want my degree to be related to is the christian right. Calvin can do much better than to be associated with the countless of conservative "colleges" across the country that don't really teach but rather dogmatically indoctrinate. I think calvin deserves much more credit than that. "Happy Gradgiation"

But on a positive note, I countered the groin-kickingly painful news by buying tickets to my annual rufus wainwright show. This particular one co-headlined with ben folds. Jessie, I'm sure you're as excited as I am, this roadtrip is going to kick ass. www.ravinia.org

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up. ;^)

--Hesiod

Anonymous said...

I'm choosing to ignore the fact that Bush is speaking at your commencment and shall just focus on the fabulousness that is Rufus. I see you have started on a similar course, buying tickets to his upcoming show in Ravinia (very deja vu, didn't we do that last year?), but since the concert isn't until August, I recommend watching his live (on DVD!) concert. If you don't have time for all of it, at least watch him perform Oh What A World. There is no greater therapy than a flamboyent gay man in a cape--god, he kills me.

kevdek said...

there's no greater entertainment for the dollar

reynolds said...

that's why you're my roomate