Wednesday, April 06, 2005

forgetting and not forgetting

It's been a while since I posted here. I see you've continued to read it nonetheless. Today I'm searching for enjoyment, a brief diversion from all the things on which I should keep my mind. Career, Apartment, School, Marriage. Monday I decided to drop everything I had and drive to holland. I met Peter at his parent's house and finally saw the infamous "parent's basement." We went to downtown holland and discussed a brilliant city plan to make the sun shine on both sides of eighth street - the summer equivalent to heated sidewalks. We ran into fatty who was working the beat on the street. I wish I had that job, there are very few jobs that appeal to me. We went to the kurrach and I remembered why I don't pass the afternoon at a bar. I promptly drove to work and although it felt good to get out of the city for the day it didn't take long for me to understand it didn't solve my problems. Only I can do that.

2 comments:

p said...

Dude don't go saying escapism and beer can't solve your problems. You only had 1 beer. In Holland. Quite frankly I'm appalled.

reynolds said...

hey puss in boots, write something in your blog or i'll seal your urethra with a branding iron.