Friday, January 20, 2006

thursday with my own personal "easy jesus"

Last night saw my "triumphant" return to pool night. I don't kid myself anymore, I put in my five bucks knowing full-well I will never see it again. And I performed exactly to my expectations - O-2.

I've had trouble sleeping lately. I haven't told anyone why because it's somewhat embarassing. So watch while take the logical step and post it on the internet for all the world to see. Well, here it is: Politics. That's right, I lay awake every night (regardless of my alcohol intake) thinking about Alito, assisted suicide in oregon, the death penalty, globalization, church and state, the sex offender registry, etc.. It is an onslaught of national problems that have kept me awake this week. I believe part of the reason for my problem is that I'm surrounded by unquestioning evangelicals each weekday. But, I've studied enough psychology to know that this recent dilemma may be from the fact that I worry naturally and perhaps I'm choosing not to worry about my current situation and am therefore displacing my troubles on national events. I just have to get my head to slow down.

I don't have much else to say. My progression of events has slowed to a snail's pace now that I'm out of school. I try to seek something new every day but it's just not as easy while not being taught for four hours a day. Perhaps I will seek out crying in the shower as something new this week. We'll see how it goes and I'll get back to you. I'm open to suggestions on new things to do/hold my attention. Anyone?

3 comments:

rebecca said...

if you're bored you should think about buying a couch...i heard it's a fun, worry-free activity that nearly everyone can enjoy. i actually just bought 2 couches last week and i'm thinking of picking one up tonite on the way home from the bar. yoga maybe? visit some old-timers at the nursing home...skydive...visit me. by the way, have you seen kinsey or capote? i need some reviews...

Jonathan said...

crying in the shower--like david cross' tobias in arrested development?

hey! this week is super bowl week. detroit is a city...finally. friday you have a host of parties to choose from...p diddy's "cashmere luxe" @ the esylium (cashmere only--yo) or jenna jameson's/vivid club jenna @ the zoo bar (next to st. andrew's hall).

but seriously, detroit, if judged by appearances, looks great. they even have friendly navigation/areas of interest signs up like GR did last year.

just trying to take your mind off GRdom. hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

jeezuz fookin christ man... i think that in your case drugs are the answer. not like psychoactive ones, but like something to take care of that yeast infection that's got you so riled up. remember that you're getting all worked up about these political issues is a direct result of you rown unquestioning approval of the other side of the coin which really isnt so different. non illegitemi collegitur (?) dont let the bastards grind you down. anyway, you should get on the phone and call me. i'm here to help you refinance. no seriously, i can lower your monthly bills. or at least offer thought provoking if not entirely compelling remedies, explanations, excuses, and justifications for your quagmired state. and i wont charge you anything if you dont lay on the whole couch. oops, couch, didnt mean to go there.