Monday, June 05, 2006

'found' and summer walks

I’m finally back to normal again – well, in regards to my health, that is. I took the weekend very slow with the exception of helping to re-hab a cherry hill market storefront for the LaGrand campaign and attending the ‘Found’ exhibition at the wealthy theater, that local cultural institution I always plan on visiting and never do. The ‘Found’ thing was great, Davy Rothbart can tell a great story, albeit a little short (I waited for the show longer than the show actually went). Now xtina and I have a new inside joke/phrase for our personal enjoyment – “the booty don’t stop,” courtesy of the Ypsilanti all-starz. I already used it while walking through the remnants of festival yesterday. We also took advantage of the beautiful day by visiting most of the tom otterness sculptures that have been placed around downtown. If you have an afternoon to kill and the weather is nice you should definitely do this – the sculptures are great! There is a map of sculpture locations available here: . One of our favorites is located on the blue pedestrian bridge connecting to the GVSU campus. It is days like yesterday that I will miss immensely when I’m gone – a picturesque cityscape, and essentially all to myself. It makes me feel huge.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

glad you got your health back--and that you're not wussing out on the move. when you visit next don't forget to bring me:
-a six-pack of arcadia whitsun
-el matadors
miss you!

Anonymous said...

which one on the bridge is your favorite? did you look up on the bridge to see the little sculpture of Death?

I am doing art conservation for the Meijer Gardens right now, and one of my jobs is too tend to all the Otterness sculptures downtown.