Thursday, August 16, 2007

Rookie of the Month

This morning at my 6:30am all-store meeting, I was voted on as a full-fledged team member as well as given the store "Rookie of the Month" award - and a $50 gift card. So, things are going well at the store and I seem to be shedding my superiority complex on the jobsite (after all, I went to Calvin College). Out of nowhere, however, I have been granted a phone interview for a good position with Northwestern Law. I'm super conflicted about the job, should it be offered to me, but my general idea is that I should choose a different career path than my spouse and use my degree in something more useful than explaining the subtle differences between Brie de Meux and Brie de Nangis. I've also been riding my bike to work three and a half miles each way every day. It actually takes only slightly longer by bike than by car. It's refreshing and gets me ready for the day. I'm earning money and feeling better than I have in a long time. I think I'm getting back to myself - this year finally seems to be over.

In other news I've recently started downloading music again. I just got the new Beirut e.p. and Spoon's new one: ga ga ga ga ga. I like them both upon first listen. Perhaps I'll give a review on a later date.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

i think it's that gap outlet that's making your serotonin levels soar.