Monday, December 06, 2004

The God Gene

So I'm writing my senior thesis (more or less) where I'm trying to separate spirituality from religion and show a genetic basis for spirituality. I've just finished reading "The God Gene" by Dean Hamer. This book is amazing. I never thought I could be so sucked in by the writings of geneticist. In his book, he claims he has successfully isolated a gene that is partially responsibly for the variation in human's personal sense of spirituality. Even if you have no interest in genetics, reading this book will give you a greater sense of what spirituality is and how it manifests itself within the populus. consult your local library. Until Friday, I will be immersed in writing this paper. Then, Sunday, Christina will be back.

1 comment:

p said...

Kevin I think you're missing a God chromosone.