Friday, February 03, 2006

computers are logical; I am not

Personal progress is always assumed. Why, then, does it seem as though I'm regressing? When I was a younger man I had the ability of confidence and opportunity. The only conclusion I've come to in post collegiate self-discovery is my own fragility. Some days I'm convinced that I can do nothing without another entity directly telling me to do so. How high, sir? Some days all I can focus on is the passage of time. Seconds pass at the same rate regardless if all I'm able to do is debate sitting vs. standing or I'm flying at the sun. I am paralyzed by my own fragility. 1's and 0's can't explain how I feel today. I used to accept and process ceaseless information careening in my direction; now I have to create the illusion of such a whirlwind. And how do I return to a situation long past by my own anxiety-driven movements? I am the acquaintence of myself to which I look at my watch explain I'm late for a meeting. And bitching about it only discredits me further. Some day I will feel "comfortable" again. Buzzing of my alarm, hot shower-cold shower, coffee in the pot - I can segmentize, compartmentalize, but I cannot create something new and feel sealed or tightened. I am not a self-made success, but I'm doing all I can to ruin my chances.

2 comments:

p said...

lets all come up with three things that make us happy. Here are mine:

1. I didn't completely suck at foosball last night

2. the weather continues to not be snowy and aweful

3. Flowers are pretty

4. I have lots of great friends who I enjoy spending time with and talking to about stuff that I find interesting and thought-provoking

5. beer is awesome

6. I'm not in Darfur

7. marijuana is awesome

8. I have all kinds of sweet music that I didn't pay for

9. I'm going to go see the silver jews in March

10. I haven't paid for those silver jews tickets yet

11. laughter!

Now Kevin its your turn. Or maybe someone else wants to go next?

Anonymous said...

you're so misunderstood... see comment under other recent post. figures that its a sunday and youre probably living it up in georgetown forest, your future home. wait, thats not encouraging. won't ever happen. its gonna be alright. some words of wisdom: every rose has its thorn, just like every night has its dawn, just like every cowboy sings a sad sad song, every rose has its thorn. thank you, brett michaels. and evil steve, now one of san francisco's finest. you just think about that dekking-ha.