Monday, February 07, 2005

cult of personality

today I had to complete several personality assessments online for my organizational psychology course. While searching for the appropriate test to take, I stumbled upon this one: www.outofservice.com/starwars. It's just like their normal personality test, but it then tells you which star wars characters you most closely resemble, as well as another individual of your choosing.

appearantly, I have the openness of Yoda, the conscientiousness of grand moff tarkin, the extraversion of Ewoks, the agreeableness of darth vader/anakin skywalker, and the neuroticism of a tusken warrior. The neuroticism of a tusken warrior?! this is fucking bullshit!

I have no idea what this means. I do think it is fatally flawed as a personality test, the funniest part of this is imagining the type of person that would think this is really cool. Peter, I'm looking in your direction.

4 comments:

reynolds said...

man.
i'm as open as an astromech droid(?), as conscientious as han solo (who isn't, he's reckless), as extraverted as obi wan (a hermit), as agreeable as EMPEROR PALPATINE (described as "An evil, power hungry tyrant, he is manipulative, evil, and ruthless.") and as neurotic as chewbacca, who's a wookie. conclusion: that test is bullshit. it may have to do with the self testing method. maybe you should take the test for me, and i could take it for you...

reynolds said...

notice how they use the word evil twice in one sentence

p said...

I have the openness of Yoda, the conscientiousness of Han Solo (fuck yeah!), the extraversion of Ewoks, the agreeableness of Palpatine, and the friggin' neuroticism of C3PO. jeez. c3po is totally lame. Clearly I am not totally lame. Therefore this test is wildly innaccurate.

p said...

dude, my sister is as open as an astromech droid.