Monday, February 28, 2005

all-encompassing fear

Well, peter is most likely officially out of the 'hoeffer. I would have liked to have been around last night but I was making a fanal attempt at studying for my ill-prepared film exam this afternoon. Saturday night was great. Peter and I, after picking up residue-covered knick knacks from shelves and door frames that haven't been touched in years, we threw some darts in the garage. Fatty and Krista were there. Peter has already commented on out ennamoration (sp) with Krista. Indeed, rarely does one find someone who is hot/cool at the same time (hot and cool, both relating to temperatures and differing arbitrary temperment/traits, strange). I recall an hour and a half before we closed down founders that I didn't want to close down founders. Then, I proceeded directly to my freezer for 2:30am microwavable greasy hash browns. oh well.
Yesterday I registered for my forthcomming wedding at bed, bath, and beyond. seems like a very american thing to do: pick out the plethora of meaningless stuff for people to furnish me with at my reception. It's strange, proposing is something you do in a haze. Planning a honeymoon is another round of vacation planning. Planning a reception is organizing a big party. But registering for gifts lets you know you're actually getting married. I'll be honest, it hadn't occured to me before to the extent that it does now and I'm afraid. I'm very, very afraid. I know that everything is going to be fine, it's finalizing a major life plan that worries me, like choosing a college but twice as frightening. Now that it is certain that I'm getting married to her, I proceed as I do and I've been thinking of every reason why I shouldn't get married, just to consider every aspect. This is what has really be frightening me. Then I try to ignore those ideas because I know I'm just conjurying up arbitrary traits for the sake of it. I know I'm overreacting. I'm so scared.

No comments: